The orientation, support, and language lessons through anthropology, it helps to get linguistic competence and a development in professional practice in the City of Oaxaca and with its citizens, clarifying their questions about the most cultural historical data of the city.
The lessons are progressive and chronological, describing phenomenon related to social and cultural characteristics of the city of Oaxaca over time, starting with:
- Etymological meaning of Oaxaca.
- Chronology, history and ethnic occupation of the land (Zapotecs, Mixtecs, Mexicas and Spanish people)
- History of the neighborhoods in Oaxaca city.
- Colonial era: interaction and religious syncretism.
- Economic and cultural importance.
- Events and important people from Oaxaca.
- Architecture: pre-hispanic ruins and colonial buildings.
- Zapotec cultural identity: gastronomy, dances, costumes, language, handicrafts, festivals, economically productive activities, customs and traditions.
- Indigenous towns close to the city: Tlacolula, Teotilán del Valle, Cuilápam.
- Contemporary social phenomena.
From the ethnographic research processes, you can know the beauty of the City of Oaxaca named as Cultural Heritage of Humanity in 1967. From a practical tour of its streets, you can observe the architecture, old things of pre-Hispanic ruins and social buildings.
In the same way, it allows to have a conversation with the local people of the society that contribute to understand the sociocultural phenomenon of the identity of the Zapotec ethnic group and its roots through different daily activities which are together the result of sociocultural enrichment.
Classes are available on Tuesday and Friday morning or afternoon, two hours minimum per session.
Fee per session $600 Mexican pesos