Promotional Package for Christmas
80 hours of spanish classes including:
- - Grammar and conversation,
- - Excursions to small villages close to the city,
- - Oaxacan cuisine workshops,
- - Tortilla workshops,
- - Workbook and additional material for conversation,
- - Pick up at the airport or bus station,
- - Walkings trips,
- - Lodging for 4(four) weeks with a family including a private room, bathroom, breakfast and lunch.
- - Participation in our Traditional celebrations
These cultural events are included in our Promotional Package for Christmas.
- - Participation in "Las Posadas" This is a traditional multi-day community Christmas pilgrimage to various neighborhood houses each evening reenacting the story of Joseph and Mary knocking at the Inn's door asking for shelter.
- - Participation in "La Noche de Rabanos" (Night of the Radishes) on December 23. This event is a uniquely Oaxacan tradition. In the zócalo, Oaxaca's main square, there is an exhibition of huge sculpted and decorated radishes (some measuring up to two feet long and weighing up to ten pounds). These radishes are carved into nativity scenes of Jesus' birth, the manger, the inn, or other scenes expressing the history and culture of Oaxacans. There is a contest to decide which are the best displays. It is a prestigious honor to win this annual event.
- - Christmas Dinner with your host family.
- - Participation in a Patron Saint's Festival. There are many Patron Saints and each gets its special day in the various nearby small towns with a local fair, fireworks, musical procession, excellent food, and other beautiful traditions.
- - Participation in additional citywide events such as the Christmas Concert.
PRICE: US $1,322.00